Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kyoto Imperial Palace

Kyoto Imperial Palace (Kyoto Gosho) used to be the residence of Japan's Imperial Family until 1868, when the emperor and capital were moved from Kyoto to Tokyo.

The palace complex is enclosed by a long wall and consists of several palaces, gates, halls and gardens.The Sento Imperial Palace is one of them.

DSC07799

Nunu and I chanced upon this castle while looking for another castle; I don't remember anymore which castle we were originally looking for though. We were arguing while entering the complex and I was blaming him for making me walk for miles just to go to the wrong place!

DSC07798
We made an old Japanese guy (sitting in one of the benches) take this picture

This place is huge with several gates. Nunu and I got lost and eventually found Macdonalds outside the complex, where we stayed for a long time just to rest and eat. =P


DSC07800

DSC07801

DSC07802



Next: night-out in Kyoto

No comments: